Unless you're a monk living in the forest you can't help but be bombarded with images of how we're supposed to look; tall, slim, tanned, perfect skin. We see these images in magazines, on TV & in advertising where ever you turn. The message fed by the media is clear; look like a perfect model and you'll be happy. If we don't then we will be unhappy. This message couldn't be further from the truth and it's causing major problems in our lives. Don't be brainwashed by this message. Some things to remember next time you feel as thought you don't measure up because you don't look like the person on the cover of a magazine.
1. They're not real. Pictures have been airbrushed and photo shopped. Anyone can be on the front cover of a magazine, with a click of a mouse they can make your eye's wider, lips fuller, even lengthen body parts! Trying to get this look isn't even realistic.
2. Real beauty comes from within. Real beauty is defined by who we are, not what we look like. The most beautiful people in the world are those who are comfortable in their own skin, they own their flaws and they are proud of who they are. To be beautiful means to be yourself.
3. Embrace your face and body. It's ok to not be perfect, theres actually no such thing. We are all flawed in someway or another. I have tips on how to let go of trying to be perfect here.
4. True happiness. Real happiness doesn't rely on what you look like. It depends on how you see yourself. Each and every person is beautiful in their own way. When you focus on your strengths and see just how great you are, you won't be brainwashed by the media's message.
5. You're awesome. The people around you who really love you, love you not because of the way you look but because of who you are. Love you for the awesome person you are.