Turmeric is arguably the most powerful herb on the planet, with its wide range effects of fighting and potentially reversing diseases. With it's focus on anti-inflammatory benefits and decreased cancer risk, recent studies on turmeric now show potential for improving cognitive function, blood sugar balance and kidney function, as well as assisting with certain forms of arthritis and digestive disorders.
Here are some pretty important reasons why everybody should consider increasing their use of turmeric:
1. Helps to prevent prevent cancer
2. Helps to prevent Alzheimer's disease
3. Reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes
4. Reduces Cholesterol Level
5. Fights colds and flu by boosting your immune system
6. Helps with digestion and weight loss
7. Assist with Arthritis and joint pain
8. Helps with diabetes sufferers
And how crazy is this... Not only is Turmeric incredibly beneficial to humans, but also to ANIMALS! Studies have shown that there is potential for turmeric to improve chronic digestive health problems in animals.
Every morning at In The Soulshine we make "Golden Latte's" before work, it's a great way to boost our immune systems for the day! Try this yummy recipe, or play around with flavours and let us know what's your favourite!
*** A little tip when you're cooking with turmeric: be careful when using turmeric as it can easily stain your hands and the areas that you are cooking on. To avoid stains, quickly wash the area that may be stained with soap and water. To avoid staining your hands, try using kitchen gloves.
Liquid Gold VEGAN Turmeric Latte:
- 250 ml (1 cup) of Coconut Milk, (or you can use Almond, Cashew, Macadamia, whichever you prefer)
- 1 Teaspoon freshly grated turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pinch of black pepper
- 5ml coconut oil
METHOD: Heat your milk on a low simmer in your saucepan, don't let it boil. When it's warm, add your herbs and stir till it becomes hot enough to drink. When it's ready to drink, add the coconut oil and let it sit for 2 minutes. Pour into your favourite mug, add a sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy :)
More information and 15 Yummy Vegan recipes here: